Release courtesy Rockland Boulders
Rockland County, N.Y. – The Can-Am League announced its selections for the 2019 All-Star Game, which will be hosted by the Rockland Boulders at Palisades Credit Union Park in Rockland County, N.Y. All-Star Week events, presented by Good Samaritan Hospital, start on Tuesday July 9 with an 11:00 a.m. luncheon, with the Home Run Derby to follow at 7:30 that evening. On Wednesday, July 10, the Can-Am and Frontier Leagues square off for the first time ever with game time at 7:00 pm.
A total of 26 players comprise the roster for the Can-Am League, with the defending league champion Sussex County Miners placing eight, followed by Rockland and the New Jersey Jackals (5 each), the Trois-Rivieres Aigles and Ottawa Champions (3), and the Quebec Capitales (2). Sussex County Manager Bobby Jones will lead the squad on the heels of his crew’s first ever Can-Am League championship in 2018.
For the first time, one player from each of the Can-Am’s six teams was selected from a pool of nominees by fan balloting and input from managers. That group includes: Conrad Gregor (New Jersey), Jiandido Tromp (Ottawa), Ryne Birk (Rockland), Ryan Newell (Sussex County), and Garrett Mundell (Trois-Rivieres). Quebec’s Karl Gelinas was also selected but is unable to participate due to injury. The veteran hurler will be in attendance, however, as he was named Honorary Team Captain and Pitching Coach for the contest.
“The Can-Am League couldn’t be prouder that we are hosting the Frontier League in the 2019 All-Star Game,” noted Can-Am Executive Director Kevin Winn.” They bring 27 years of tradition with them as the oldest continuously operating independent league. I want to thank Commissioner Bill Lee, all the owners, executives, coaching staff and players. Two premier leagues are facing off in a premier ballpark.”
Lee is in his 26th season as Frontier League commissioner. Lee will oversee a cross-league All-Star Game between the two circuits for the first time in history.
“We are extremely pleased and excited to be playing the Can-Am League All-Stars,” Lee said. “Everyone is looking forward to coming to the New York area. This is an unprecedented game for our League. We want to thank all of the owners, teams and Kevin Winn for making this possible. Above all, we want to thank Shawn Reilly and the entire Rockland Boulders staff for their hard work.”
Reilly, president of the Rockland Boulders, will be the host of this year’s event. “It is exciting that the best young talent in professional baseball is coming to New York City, the baseball and media capital of the world, to showcase our leagues,” Reilly said. “We are proud to host this historical matchup in our beautiful Palisades Credit Union Park and give our fans an event they will never forget.” Tickets for all All-Star Week events are available at rocklandboulders.com, or call 845-364-0009 for more information.
2019 Can-Am League All-Stars
- Phillippe Aumont – Ottawa Champions
- Frank Duncan – Sussex County Miners
- Robbie Gordon – Rockland Boulders
- Garrett Harris – Trois-Rivieres Aigles
- Cory Jones – Sussex County Miners
- Jose Jose – Sussex County Miners
- Nick Kennedy – Rockland Boulders
- Dustin Molleken – Quebec Capitales
- Garrett Mundell – Trois-Rivieres Aigles
- Ryan Newell – Sussex County Miners
- Eduard Reyes – New Jersey Jackals
- Ryne Birk – Rockland Boulders
- Taylor Brennan – Trois-Rivieres Aigles
- John Brontsema – Rockland Boulders
- Audy Ciriaco – Sussex County Miners
- Conrad Gregor – New Jersey Jackals
- Trey Hair – Sussex County Miners
- Yordan Manduley – Quebec Capitales
- Jose Brizuela – Sussex County Miners
- Steve Brown – Ottawa Champions
- Jay Gonzalez – New Jersey Jackals
- Alfredo Marte – New Jersey Jackals
- Jiandido Tromp – Ottawa Champions
- Mikey Reynolds – Sussex County Miners
All- Star Week Events Schedule
Tuesday, July 9 – 11:00 am, at New York Country Club – Guest Speaker, New York Yankees broadcaster John Sterling.
Tuesday, July 9 – 7:30 pm at Palisades Credit Union Park – Home Run Derby, featuring Legends Team, including Mookie Wilson, Jesse Barfield, and John Flaherty.
Wednesday, July 10 – 7:00 pm at Palisades Credit Union Park – All-Star Game featuring Can-Am League vs. Frontier League.