» Roster size
The roster limit for a Can-Am League club is 23 players. An additional two players may be on the disabled list during the regular season. Of those 23 players, a minimum of five and maximum of eight must be rookies. A maximim of four may be veterans and minimum of five must be an LS-4 or higher. The remaining players will be designated limited service players and of those LS players only six (6) may be LS-4. Two of these six may be LS-5.
- During the pre-season, a maximum of 28 players may be under contract at any one time without regard to classification. The 23 active player roster must be met two days before the start of the regular season.
- Year of Service: A year of service for Can-Am League players is 75 official at bats or more in a National Association or independent league or leagues, or 30 innings or more pitched in a National Association or independent league or leagues, in any season prior to the present calendar year. For independent and short season/rookie league service, the first two years of service equals one National Association year. For foreign players, the classification and salary level will be determined by the league office.
- Rookie: A player with less than one year of service.
- LS-1: A player with less than two years of service.
- LS-2: A player with less than three years of service.
- LS-3: A player with less than four years of service.
- LS-4: A player with less than five years of service. Two of the six LS-4 players may be an LS-5.
- LS-5: A player with less than 6 years of service.
- Veteran: A player with six or more years of service. If a player has six or more years of service but has not reached the age of 26 by September 1 of that season, he will be considered an LS-4. If he has not reached the age of 24 by September 1 of that season, he will be considered an LS-3.